Grilled Tomato & Zucchini Stacks with Popeye’s Passion Dip
Snowdon House Popeye’s Passion Dip Mix (prepare according to directions).
12 1/4 inch thick slices zucchini cut on the diagonal about 1 medium zucchini
12 1/2 inch thick tomato slices (visually a mix of colored tomatoes looks really nice with yellow and red)
- Premix 1/2 cup ricotta cheese and 2 tbsp. of Popeye’s Passion & 1 tbsp. chopped chives. Set aside in fridge (best if made the day before, it needs at least 2 hours to rehydrate. Add 1 tsp fresh mint and freshly ground pepper, salt to taste)
- Preheat a gas grill to medium-high.
- Brush the zucchini all over with the 1 1/2 tsp. of olive oil.
- Grill until lightly brown and barely tender (1 to 2 minutes per side). Do not overcook. Set aside.
- Season the tomato slices and grilled zucchini with sea salt and black pepper. To assemble put a tomato slice on each of the 4 plates. Top with Zucchini repeat twice more and then top with dollop of ricotta mixture and serve.
Sweet Potato Rounds Topped with Yam & Curry Ground Pork, Lettuce and Cilantro
Snowdon House Yam & Curry Dip Mix (Prepare according to directions – can make the night before)
1-2 sweet potatoes wash but leave skin on
1 cup sour cream
1/2 pound ground pork
1/2 bunch cilantro
2-3 Brightly colored leaf greens or sprouts
1/4 red pepper for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash sweet potatoes and cut into 1/4 inch diameter rounds.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and place sweet potatoes on top, coat with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes until almost done. You want them to be cooked but not too soft.
- In a fry pan cook ground pork until done and then add to premixed Yam & Curry Dip.
- Take sweet potato rounds and add your greens (brighter colours can be more visually appealing).
- Place ground pork and yam & curry mix in center and top with a small piece of red pepper for garnish.
- Place on platter and add extra green leaves of varying colors and small grape tomatoes for accents.