Thank you for visiting our farm for Feast of Fields. We hope that you enjoyed the event as much as we enjoyed hosting it. We had many requests for the recipes that we used, so here they are:
Quinoa Crackers with Douglas Fir Topping
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 egg
- Combine quinoa with the egg until well mixed.
- Spoon 1 tbs of mix into 3-inch muffin tins and cook for 20 minutes
- Lower the oven temperature to 200°F.
- Remove the quinoa bites from the muffin pan. Place on lined cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn them over to continue baking for 10 more minutes until crisp.
- Cool and store in zip lock bag to retain crispness.
- 1 pkg Snowdon House Douglas Fir & Tomato Seasoning
- 250 ml cream cheese
- 250 ml goat cheese
- Snowdon House Fir & Fire Brie Topper
- Cream the goat cheese and cream cheese with the Douglas Fir Seasoning Blend. Make sure this is well mixed.
- Place in fridge 4-6 hours for best flavour.
- Top each cracker with the spread and add a heaped 1/4 teaspoon of Snowdon House Fir & Fire Brie Topper for a tasty snack.
Brie Bites with Lemon Verbena Brie Topper
- won ton wrappers
- brie cheese
- Snowdon House Lemon Verbena Brie Topper
- Canola oil for deep fryer or deep saucepan
- water for sealing the wonton wrappers
- Cut the brie into 1/2 inch squares.
- Place a heaping 1/4 tsp of Lemon Verbena Brie Topper in the centre of each won ton wrapper.
- Put a brie square on top of the jelly.
- Dip your index finger into water and trace it on the outer edges of the wonton wrapper.
- Bring one corner at a time to the middle and repeat until it looks like a package.
- Place the brie bites in a container layered with parchment paper. Cover and freeze for a minimum of 6 hours. Overnight is best.
- Heat oil to 375 °F
- Remove the brie bites from the freezer.
- Cook the frozen bites until golden brown.
Serve hot with Snowdon House Lemon Verbena Brie Topper
Products used in this recipe:
The recipe for Golden Beets with Mushrooms and Lavender will follow.