Smoked Salmon Rolls with Douglas Fir & Herb Goat Cheese
1/4 cup of cream cheese at room temperature
1/4 cup goat cheese
1 tbsp. Snowdon House Douglas Fir and Herb blend
2 tsp. Snowdon House Lemon Verbena Infused Vinegar
1 tsp. lemon zest (you can substitute with 1/2 tsp. dried lemon peel )
2 tbsp. thinly sliced chives
1/8 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 cup thinly sliced celery (very fine)
2 1/2 pound thinly sliced smoked salmon not hot smoked (also known as lox) found in most delis
1 tbsp. chopped fennel fronds
- In a small bowl mix the cream cheese, goat cheese, Douglas Fir herb Blend, lemon verbena vinegar, lemon zest and salt. This is best made the night before so it has lots of time to rehydrate and the flavour becomes more enhanced when it sits, leave it in the fridge overnight.
- To assemble lay a long sheet of saran wrap on your counter. Slightly overlap the pieces of salmon on the plastic to create a rectangle measuring about 3 1/2 inches by 7 inches. The long side of the rectangle should be parallel to the edge of your work surface. cover with another piece of plastic wrap and press gently with your hands or a flat spatula to encourage the salmon to stick together.
- Remove the top sheet of the plastic. Using a thin metal spatula or butter knife spread about 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture on the salmon leaving a 1/2 border around the long sides. Place the celery and chives and sprinkle with a little fennel fronds and salt. Lightly press the roll together at the seams. Place on cutting board and cut the roll into six pieces. Repeat. Arrange the rolls on a platter with a selection of greens and edible flowers from the garden.
Crunchy Broccoli & Carrot Salad with Douglas Fir Dressing
1/2 head broccoli – cut stalk and florets into small pieces
2 peeled carrots into strips with vegetable peeler
1 spring onion finely sliced and put into ice cold water to curl
Small bunch of fresh coriander
1 tbsp. flaked almonds
1-2 cloves garlic
Thumb size piece of fresh ginger
1/2 lemon juiced
1 tbsp. Snowdon House Peach & Fir Vinegar
2 tbsp. olive oil
Pound the garlic into paste, then add the remaining dressing ingredients. Place vegetables in bowl, toss with dressing 1/2 at a time, then top with almonds.
Douglas Fir Strawberry Sorbet
6 cups fresh strawberries
1 bottle Snowdon House Douglas Fir Infused Vinegar
- In blender, puree strawberries and bottle of Snowdon House Infused Vinegar.
- Pour pureed mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the marker’s instructions.
- Serve immediately or freeze into individual portions (with lids) for up to 2 weeks.
Fir & Fire Brie Topper
Snowdon House Fir & Fire Brie Topper
1 Wheel brie cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Score (slit) the top of the brie cheese and pour compote over top of it. Top with sliced almonds.
- Bake without lid for 10-15 minutes or just until cheese is melting.
- Serve on baguettes or crackers.
Serves 4 – 6
1 bag spinach leaves washed
2 ripe mangos, sliced
½ cup Blueberries
½ cup Raspberries
1 ripe avocado, sliced
Snowdon House Douglas Fir Infused Vinegar
- Place washed spinach in large bowl.
- Place mangos, blueberries, avocado, pecans, raspberries in bowl with 2 tablespoons of Snowdon House Douglas Fir Infused Vinegar and toss.
- You may add more Infused Vinegar if you choose.
1/2 cup cream cheese
2 Tbsp. Snowdon House Douglas Fir Pesto
1/4 cup chopped walnuts.
- Combine cream cheese and Snowdon House Douglas Fir Pesto. Form into ball.
- Roll in chopped walnuts and parsley.
- Chill 3 – 4 hours before serving with crackers or baguette.
Vegetarian Douglas Fir Pesto Pizza
Pizza Dough (you can use your own or buy pre-made dough/crust from the store) HINT: check out our Beer & Cider Bread Recipe section for a quick and easy beer bread pizza dough.
2 Tbsp. Snowdon House Douglas Fir Pesto
Goat Cheese (Approx. 3-4 oz. but can do to your preference)
Mozzarella Cheese (approx. 8 oz.)
Your choice of vegetables (sliced peppers, white or red onions, and mushrooms make a nice mix).
- Spread pizza dough according to instructions.
- Spread Snowdon House Douglas Fir Pesto on pizza as sauce.
- Add a layer of goat cheese.
- Add vegetables.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake according to pizza dough instructions, and savour the taste of the forest.