- 3-4 medium beets
- 3-4 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 3/4 cup walnuts lightly toasted
- 2 tbsp Snowdon House Onion and Garlic Mix
- 1 1/2 tbsp Snowdon House Strawberry Fir Infused Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp cumin
- kosher salt
Set oven temperature to 375
Place the beets in a baking dish and rub them with the 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Cover with foil and roast until tender when checked with a skewer, this takes about 1 hour.
Set aside to cool for about an hour.
Roast the walnuts for about 10 minutes in oven at the same time.
Pulse the beets ,walnuts , onion and garlic dip mix until very finely chopped.
Add the remaining 1/4 cup oil, the Strawberry Fir vinegar, lemon juice, pepper, cumin and 1/2 tsp salt; process into a puree.
Season to taste with more salt, lemon juice, pepper.
Serve at room temperature or cold. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Serve with Pita or crackers
Products in this recipe