- 2 medium-sized butternut squash (cut squash into 1.5 inch slices)
- 1 small acorn squash (cut the lid off)
- 1 pkg Snowdon House Mulligatawny Soup Mix
- 6 cups water
- ½ cup soaked cashews
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- ¼ cup hemp seeds for garnish
- Pinch paprika (for dusting)
- Pinch turmeric (for dusting)
Preheat the oven to 350°
Place sliced squash face down on the parchment sheet. Bake 35-40 minutes till done. Remove from the oven. Let cool a bit and remove seeds.
In a saucepan place 6 cups of water and add the mulligatawny soup. Cook for 35-45 minutes until most of the water has been absorbed. Make sure the peas are fully cooked. Add the cashews and almond butter.
Place on a platter for serving. Fill each slice of squash with Mulligatawny and garnish with hemp seeds. Dust with paprika and turmeric.
Products used in this recipe: